The Valley Forge Military Academy & College Information Technology Services is pleased to announce an extensive upgrade to the campus network infrastructure.
Upgrades have been completed that will ease the pressure on the VF’s internet services. The recent infrastructure upgrades resulted in an increase to our bandwidth of over 50%, which equates to faster internet services for cadets and staff. Before the holiday break, bandwidth available to cadets was measured at approximately 50-60 Megabits per second (Mbps). We now have 120 Mbps available for our use!
In our efforts to establish stronger wireless signal strength and better coverage throughout the entire campus additional wireless access points were deployed in in residence halls, academic and administrative buildings enhancing the range and number of connections the school’s wireless network can handle.
Despite the recent changes, we will continue to look for ways to improve the technology services.
Please contact the IT department @ 610-989-1348 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Our Information Technology Department can be located on the 2nd floor of Mellon Hall.
- WiFi in Barracks
- WiFi in school classrooms and study halls
- School email for each cadet
- PCs and wireless printers available for use in Library computer labs
- Moodle (College)
- PowerSchool and Naviance (Academy)
- School Library outside resources accessible from off premises
- 24/7 video surveillance to ensure safety of the Corps of Cadets, Staff and Faculty