Where would you rather send your tax dollars?
To Harrisburg or Valley Forge Military Academy?
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania provides generous tax credits to eligible businesses that support the VFMA Urban Scholars Fund through two innovative programs: Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) program. Tax credits start at 75% of the donation amount for a one-year contribution and increases to 90% for a two-year contribution. The tax credits can be applied to as much as $800,000 in contributions each year through both the EITC and OSTC programs and the residual tax benefits can reduce the actual cost of the donation to virtually nothing. To date, businesses have donated more than $500,000 to the VFMA Urban Scholars Fund and have enabled dozens of cadets to be able to complete their Valley Forge Military Academy education.
WHO: C-Corporations, S-Corporations, Single & Multi-Member LLCs, and LLPs all qualify
WHAT: Receive a tax credit in exchange for supporting Pennsylvania students
- Tax credits are more beneficial than deductions—it’s like sending your tax dollars to VFMA!
- The paperwork is a breeze—just a simple one-page form that is emailed for EITC and a quick online application for OSTC.
- You also receive a deduction against net income as a charitable donation.
- The unique offerings at Valley Forge Military provide opportunities for self-discovery and transformation not found at most institutions. Leadership skills are not only taught, they are lived every day in the chain of command regimental system that is a cornerstone of the school.
- The Cadets really need your help. We cannot afford to lose even one Cadet to this economy, which is not rebounding for our neediest families.
WHEN: EITC Applications must be submitted on July 1 each year and tax credits are disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis. OSTC applications are available NOW for immediate tax credits.
To learn more about EITC or OSTC and how you can direct your dollars to benefit cadet scholarships, please contact Ann Sinatra (email@example.com or 610-989-1327) for more information. She can help guide you through the process or answer any questions.
We are very grateful to the following businesses that have supported the cadets of Valley Forge Military Academy through the PA EITC and OSTC Programs:
- Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc.
- Beverly Enterprises, Inc.
- BNY Mellon
- The Bryn Mawr Trust Company
- Bux-Mont Medical Associates
- Customers Bank
- Delta Development Group
- Drink Works Corporation
- First Financial Bank
- First Priority Bank
- Fulton Bank
- Graystone Tower Bank
- IMC Construction, Inc.
- Laboratory Testing, Inc.
- Meridian Bank
- Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
- Milestone Bank
- Mosites Construction Co.
- National Penn Bancshares, Inc.
- The Neiman Group
- Penn Liberty Bank
- Sovereign Bank
- Terra Technical Services
- Timothy Haahs & Associates, Inc.
- UHS of Pennsylvania, Inc.
- Unkefer Brothers Construction
- Waste Management