Valley Forge Military Academy & College Employment Opportunity
Creative Design and Student Outreach Specialist
Valley Forge Military Academy and College is seeking to fill a full-time creative marketing design position that requires depth and breadth in creative design, new media technology, content marketing, and student outreach. In a new data-driven, analytical, content marketing, best-practices culture, this position is responsible for creative design, social media campaigns, and related collateral that will support the recruitment growth and retention initiatives of the Academy and the College. Working with the Vice President of Enrollment Management, this position will serve as the creative designer for marketing and recruitment campaigns across various media including online, print, digital, and social media. Design advertising and enrollment marketing creative and other collateral to be used in social, local, mobile, digital and print campaigns. The key to this position is to execute the creative vision that will drive student acquisition, development, and retention through lifecycle and targeted initiatives, including customer relationship management. Applied knowledge and understanding of best practices for web design and content strategy is essential. Effectively utilize all social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs, etc.). Increase brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, and encourage engagement and awareness of both the Academy and the College. Must be able to understand and collect metrics and measure results against the KPIs listed. Ensure accuracy and consistency with messaging and content.
Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing
Requires a bachelor’s degree and related professional experience in new media, design, fine arts, marketing or advertising. 2-5 years experience in a designer or marketing role; a Master’s degree is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in other disciplines might be considered provided employee has proven track record with required skills and abilities listed.
- Create and design advertising materials for all programs and other activities including summer camps, summer and winter sessions and other lines of business for distribution and production across various media to increase program awareness through various marketing, student outreach, and promotional means.
- Organizes, implements, and analyzes creative assets needed to support the recruitment and institutional awareness of the institution in conjunction with the Vice President to best achieve enrollment growth and marketing initiatives.
- Executes graphic design, ad placement, and coordination of advertising across all media.
- Develop, monitor and enhance electronic marketing programs and processes such as web content/traffic, analytics, email campaigns, multimedia, social media, and new media
- Ensure that social media techniques are strategic and focused in an effort to expand the school’s brand, increase visibility among existing followers, and attract and engage new followers in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- With the VP for Enrollment Management, implement the creative design for the expanded recruiting strategy and outreach for boarding, online, commuter, summer camps, online degree programs, and Summer/Winter Sessions.
- Attend and coordinate student outreach events on and off campus as needed.
- Respond to student questions and information requests
- Establish, develop, and maintain the web presence for the unit, utilizing best practices
- Document activities and outcomes; assists in evaluating feedback and survey data from student and other assessments
- Monitor competitive landscape for new approaches and the adoption of best practices
- Developing key metrics and reports to track program performance
- Collects, maintains, and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data
- Provides program information and promotion;
- Fosters communication and support to students, faculty, and other constituencies served by the department.
- Become an advocate of the school on campus and in social media spaces, engaging in dialogue, and answering questions where appropriate;
- Build an active brand ambassador network to build awareness and enhance perceptions of the school;
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of electronic media programs; and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results;
- Regularly provide feedback and data-driven insights gained from marketing campaigns monitoring to evolve communications strategies in a timely fashion;
- Monitor trends in social media tools, technologies and applications.
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY: High proficiency with Microsoft office products and a solid understanding of marketing and design applications, especially WordPress, DreamWeaver, Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator). Understanding of HTML and CSS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of creative design process, and promotion and outreach preferred; coordination, organization, facilitation, report analysis, and composition skills; effective public presentation, negotiation, excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are strongly desired. Proven experience in handling multiple tasks, and possession of excellent problem-solving and strong critical thinking skills. Attention to detail and follow-up is essential. Initiative, diplomacy, professionalism, and drive, are desired qualities. Expertise in computers, office administration, office automation, WordPress, InDesign, Creative Suite, and MS Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, or other spreadsheet applications is a must. Requires strong understanding and best practices for creative design across all media and its application for student marketing and recruitment. Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently, consultative, and can complete projects on time and under budget. Advertising, graphic design and web content development background strongly desired. Understanding of best practices for search engine optimization SEO and paid search campaigns. Analyze data and present metrics and trends identified through Google Analytics, Adwords Manager and other tools in order to provide business intelligence necessary to translate campaign metrics into actionable decisions and discussions with VP.
Interested individuals may submit resumes with cover letter and salary requirement to:Human Resources Department Valley Forge Military Academy & College 1001 Eagle Road Wayne, PA 19087 FAX: (610) 989-1486
OR e-mail plain text resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The administration reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.