Valley Forge Military College Employment Opportunity
Dean – Valley Forge Military College
The Dean of the Valley Forge Military College (VFMC) is the College’s Chief Executive Officer and reports to the President of the Valley Forge Military Academy and College Foundation (VFMAF) and the College Oversight Committee of the VFMAF Board of Trustees. The Dean is the senior management official of the College, who, working through the President of VFMAF, is responsible for the strategic direction, overall financial performance, and operational effectiveness of the College.
The Dean is specifically tasked to administer and conduct the day to day affairs of VFMC, leading the faculty and staff in the development of exceptional student/cadets through the application of Valley Forge’s Five Cornerstones: Academic Excellence, Character Development, Personal Motivation, Physical Development, and Leadership.
Serving more than 300 Cadets, Valley Forge Military College is a private, co-educational, residential, and commuter College that offers the freshman and sophomore years of college. The primary mission of VFMC is to prepare students for transfer to competitive four-year colleges and universities.
Valley Forge Military College
- Managing the financial budget of the College.
- Managing the academic affairs of the College and providing oversight in the recruitment of highly qualified faculty members.
- Providing leadership for the College’s compliance with the characteristics of excellence set by Middle States Commission on Higher Education; specifically responsible for maintaining the accreditation of the College.
- Develop, monitor and enhance electronic marketing programs and processes such as web content/traffic, analytics, email campaigns, multimedia, social media, and new media
- Compliance with the regulations of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Higher Education Opportunity Act, and other agencies related to higher education.
- Establishment and monitoring of key metrics including faculty/cadet ratio, operating budgets, persistence statistics, and scheduling.
- Works directly with the VFMAF Development Department to identify federal and state funding opportunities for academic programs and managing alumni and other donor relations and fund raising.
- Supervises the strategic planning process and resource allocation identification for the College.
- Establish, develop, and maintain the web presence for the unit, utilizing best practices
- Works directly with and has co-responsibility with the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing of VFMAF for setting enrollment and discounting goals and strategies to ensure successful recruiting and retaining College cadets.
- Communicates and partners with the VFMAF Commandant of Cadets and the VFMAF Director of Athletics to create a holistic living/learning cadet life environment that supports academic success through the even application of all five Valley Forge Cornerstones.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be authorized and delegated by the President, VFMAF and the College Oversight Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Required earned Master’s Degree, Doctorate preferred.
- Significant experience as leader in the higher education field; experience in the “For-Profit” higher education environment a plus.
- Experience working with accreditation and other federal agencies relating to higher education.
Interested individuals may submit resumes with cover letter and salary requirement to:Human Resources Department Valley Forge Military Academy & College 1001 Eagle Road Wayne, PA 19087 FAX: (610) 989-1486
OR e-mail plain text resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The administration reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.