Valley Forge Military Academy & College Employment Opportunity
French Adjunct Instructor
Spanish Adjunct Instructor
Head of the Academy
Bachelor’s Degree with PA Teaching Certificate required
Instruct high students using various pedagogical methods. Prepare course objectives and outlines of study following curriculum guidelines and the requirements of the academy. Assign lessons and assesses student progress, records results, and issues regular reports to administration. In support of the college preparatory academic program, to provide instruction and other academic activities that will enable the students to succeed in the next grade or higher level of education. As part of the boarding school model of education, to coach, advice, counsel, support or otherwise help, encourage and motivate cadets to achieve success both inside and outside of the classroom. In support of the character development program, is to serve as a motivating role model and to provide instruction to assist the cadets in their development of strong moral and ethical values. As part of the militarily structured system, promote the establishment and maintenance of high standards of cadet decorum and discipline.
- Instruct assigned class schedule.
- Contribute to the efficient management and administration of the Academy as required.
- Inform the students about the academic rules, regulations, policies and standards.
- Participate and attend in Faculty Meetings, Department Meetings and In-Service Days.
- Communicate effectively with Cadets in and out of the classroom. Control classroom behavior.
- Maintain academic records, grades and lesson plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of the Academy or VP of Academic Affairs.
- Ideally, the candidate would have a minimum of three years teaching High School, professional experience or in their respective field.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team in a positive, constructive manner.
- The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook programs.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, self-starter, ability to write and communicate effectively, and work well under pressure.
Interested individuals may submit resumes with cover letter and salary requirement to:Human Resources Department Valley Forge Military Academy & College 1001 Eagle Road Wayne, PA 19087 FAX: (610) 989-1486
OR e-mail plain text resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The administration reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.