New Cadet Orientation
New Student Orientation is a key component of the First Year Experience at Valley Forge Military College and is a collaborative effort designed to in-process, introduce, and welcome new students and their families to the Valley Forge community. The ultimate goal of NSO is to facilitate a successful transition to the first year of college, improving academic and tactical success and student retention.
- Introduce and welcome students and their families into the intellectual, tactical, and institutional communities
- Teach cadets to embrace the uniqueness of VFMC
- Foster a better understanding of academic and tactical programs
- Help students and families identify behaviors, resources, and support that lead to success at VFMC
- Create an understanding of what student life has to offer college cadets: student leadership, clubs, band, sports, activities, etc.
- Cultivate a sense of community between new and returning students, faculty, and staff