This is the largest cadet barracks housing 204 beds with a capacity of 230. Younghusband Hall was constructed in 1957 and named in honor of Captain Leslie Younghusband of Canada, a generous friend of the Academy. Eight rooms were added on the west end in 1960 and two lounges were added on the east end in 1963 for the use of college cadets. All toilets, showers and washrooms are located in the basement, labeled first floor. This is a four story building and has a large weight room over the east end of the building.
Younghusband Hall was modernized in 2008 and in 2012 with fully integrated monitored fire alarm systems and security/video surveillance systems. This barrack currently houses G, H and I Cadet Company’s Units for the college. There are vending machines and one large cadet lounge.
Von Steuben Hall
This is the second smallest barracks housing, and was an original building of the St. Luke’s School. Von Steuben Hall was originally used as an infirmary with one faculty apartment on the first floor and nurses and bachelor officers’ quarters with a common bathroom on the second floor. There was a hobby shop, a dark room and a recreation room in the basement, which was installed in 1941 rehabilitation.
Recently, in 2011, Von Steuben Hall was fully renovated and modernized with security/video surveillance systems, fully integrated monitored fire alarm/suppression system, ADA accessible elevator on the first floor and central air conditioning. This barrack currently houses E-Battery and has 49 cadet beds with one lounge.
This structure was assumed the name of the former Lafayette Hall complex housing the Band, the Officers Mass Reception Room and Mess Room, the natatorium, barber shop, and Guest room – all which were destroyed by a fire during the winter of 1961. The building stands on the site of the former Cadet hospital and the structure on the west end, which was incorporated into the building, was the Medical Officer’s office, the treatment room, and on the second floor was the nurse’s quarters. After the cadet hospital moved out, the existing buildings were remodeled and used as cadet barracks. The original buildings were constructed during WWII as headquarters for the Pennsylvania State Guard. The buildings were also known as Harvey Hall- I, II and III in memory of Lieutenant William L. Harvey, Class of 1942, who was killed in action WWII.
In 2008, the latrines were modernized on all three floors along with a security/video surveillance system, a fully integrated monitored fire alarm/suppression system and ADA accessible from the first floor. There is a large weight room on the west side, first floor, along with vending machines. Lafayette Hall houses 106 cadet beds and one lounge.
This building was originally constructed in 1946 and named in honor of and in memory of Major General Edward Martin, Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The building occupies the site of the former Class of 1933 Dell, an open air auditorium, and the original tennis courts.
In 2004, Martin Hall was fully renovated and modernized, including the latrines on the bottom floor, with monitored fire alarms/suppression systems, security/video surveillance systems and ADA accessible from the first floor. This is a two story building with central air conditioning and vending machines. This building houses 154 cadet beds and has one lounge.
This building was originally constructed as Madison Hall in 1942, the west addition in 1960 and the east in 1967. The building was named in honor and in memory of Harold G. Wilson. This composite structure is the successor of the Cadet Laundry, which was destroyed by fire in 1967, and Madison Hall, built in 1942, which contained the Cadet Store, the Cadet Tailor Shop and the Press Shop on the first floor, along with Cadet Barracks on the second and third floors. After the fire, a west addition was built on the site of the destroyed cadet laundry. In this construction, the original Madison Hall was incorporated into the middle of the building.
In 2007, after renovations, Wilson Hall was renamed Hocker Hall with fully integrated fire alarm/suppression systems, a security video/surveillance system and ADA accessible from the first floor. This is a two story building with central air conditioning, one lounge, one faculty apartment and vending machines. Wilson Hall houses 109 cadet beds.
This building is the smallest of all barracks and was constructed in two sections: the first floor in 1962 and the second floor in 1964. Dyroff Hall II was originally a living quarter for male help.
In 2000, Dyroff Hall II was fully renovated and renamed Rose Hall. The first floor consists of the Health Center and the second floor is the barracks. This is a two story building with central air conditioning, security/video surveillance, fully integrated fire alarm/suppression system and ADA first floor accessible. Rose Hall houses 23 cadet beds.