Army ROTC Scholarships are awarded based on a student’s merit and grades, rather than financial need, and pay full tuition and some fees at these levels:
- 4 Year full tuition
- 3 Year full tuition, effective sophomore year
- 2 Year full tuition, effective junior year
Some colleges and universities offer scholarships and grants that can be used towards room and board costs if you receive an ROTC scholarship. Each college and university is different as are the amounts they may offer. Contact your school for more information.
Monthly Living Allowance
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly subsistence allowance during the school year which begins when you sign your contract.
- 1st year: $250 per month
- 2nd year: $300 per month
- 3rd year: $450 per month
- 4th year: $500 per month
This allowance is also available to non-scholarship Cadets enrolled in the Army ROTC Advanced Course (3rd and 4th year).
Minimum eligibility requirements for an Army ROTC scholarship are:
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Combined math and reading score of 920 on the SAT or 19 on the ACT
- Pass a Department of Defense medical exam
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be a U.S. citizen of good moral character
Accepting a scholarship requires a service obligation and signed contract.