Basic ECP eligibility and entrance requirements (not all inclusive):
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (2.5 for scholarship)
- Minimum SAT score of 850 (Math and Verbal sections only), or ACT score of 17 (920 / 19 for scholarship)
- Pass Department of Defense Medical Examination (arranged by Army ROTC)
- Pass Army height/weight and physical fitness standards
- Between 17 and 27 years of age
- U.S. citizen of good moral character (original naturalization document issued by INS or state issued birth certificate)
Applications for the 2014-15 Academic Year are now being accepted.
Applying to the Early Commissioning Program (ECP) at VFMC is a five step process:
- Determine if you meet the eligibility standards as stated above.
- Apply to gain acceptance into Valley Forge Military College (may apply online or via mail)
- Simultaneously, apply to the Early Commissioning Program. Download & print following required Forms for ECP Application Process.
Make sure all entries are clear and legible. Pay attention to the manner in which you complete these application forms; in particular, consider the photograph you provide. Remember, this is our first look at you and you want to project a positive image. Please mail to:
- Valley Forge Military College
ATTN: Army ROTC
1001 Eagle Road
Wayne, PA 19087
- Deadline for receipt of application is 15 April 2014, after 15 April there is NO GUARANTEE there will be seats available for the Fall 2014 Class (1 August for applicants who have completed basic combat training).
- Upon receipt, your application will be screened to ensure that you meet eligibility standards. Once this has been completed, you will be scheduled for a personal interview with the Professor of Military Science.
If accepted into the ECP, you will be scheduled for a Department of Defense medical examination with a physician near your home and at no cost to you. Once physically qualified, you will be scheduled for training.Once accepted into the ECP program, students are required to attend the four-week Leader’s Training Course (LTC) at Fort Knox, KY, the summer prior to entering the program, for those who have not completed Basic Combat Training in one of the branches of the armed forces. All ECP scholarship and non-scholarship cadets who require this training are scheduled, by the Army ROTC Recruiting Officer, to attend. In addition, cadets must complete the Leader Development and Assessment Course (LDAC), a 32 day training event, designed to develop and evaluate leadership ability, the summer between the student’s freshman and sophomore years at VFMC.