Help Shape Tomorrow’s Leaders Today
We invite you to join the Valley Forge Military Academy & College community by applying for one of the open employment opportunities for the Academy, the College, and Summer Camp listed on this page.
The Valley Forge Military Academy & College’s curriculum emphasizes college preparation. The Academy offers advanced placement, honor and enrichment courses, as well as opportunities for independent study. The College confers associate degrees in liberal arts and sciences with concentrations in business, criminal justice, liberal arts, science and pre-engineering. Both the Academy and College incorporate a unique leadership and ethics training program.
Interested individuals should submit resumes with cover letter and salary requirement to:
Human Resources Department
Valley Forge Military Academy & College
1001 Eagle Road
Wayne, PA 19087
FAX: (610) 989-1486
OR e-mail a resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VFMAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Schedule: Valley Forge Military Academy and College is seeking an experienced Bus Driver with a flexible schedule who is able to work during the weekdays in the day/afternoon hours. The hours and days vary.
Department: Facilities and Services
Reporting to: Assistant Director of Facilities
- Transport VFMA&C cadets, staff and faculty, and special event customers in a safe and courtesy manner.
- Inspect bus before each trip.
- Dispose of trash and sweep vehicle at the end of each trip.
Education: High School Diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of three years driving experience.
- Valid state commercial driver’s license with passenger and school bus. Compliance with PA DOT/DOE regulations
- Also must pass a substance abuse test and background checks.
Physical: Must be able to physically operate a school bus.
RN Staff Nurse
Valley Forge Military Academy and College seeks a per diem RN staff nurse with the ability to work day, evening, weekend, and night shifts as needed. 4, 8, or 12 hour shifts available. Must work a minimum of 16 hours per month.
- Assess cadets’ health status and implement care at sick call following established treatment protocols.
- Provide emergency care to cadets and refer to appropriate consultant or treatment facility.
- Maintain confidentiality of cadet health status and records in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Administer medication/treatment orders as directed by school physician and/or nurse practitioner in a timely manner as per established protocols.
- Provide direct nursing care to all cadets confined to the Health Center.
- Document all care, treatment, and outcomes in the medical record in a timely, accurate and legible manner.
Communicate/collaborate with school physician, nurse practitioner, and other health center staff to ensure prompt completion and follow up of treatment orders.
- Provide health education on variety of topics pertinent to male adolescent population, including STD’s, substance use, stress, tobacco use, etc.
- Administer immunizations and allergy injections as required.
- Maintain accuracy of immunization records.
- Participate in cadet physical examinations as directed.
- Participate in cadet registration and move-in procedures as needed.
- Provide nursing support at special functions as needed (parades, Parent’s Weekend, Alumni Weekend, etc.)
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Perform other duties at the discretion of Health Center Director.
Qualifications & Experience:
Successful completion of an accredited nursing program. Bachelor degree in nursing preferred.
- Minimum three years nursing experience.
- School nursing or pediatric nursing background preferred.
- Creativity, energy, and enthusiasm in working with adolescents.
- Must successfully complete all mandated background checks to work in a school environment (may be completed within a proscribed time after starting).
Health Center Director
Per Diem, 4, 8, or 12 hour shifts available
Director of Annual & Leadership Giving
Reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement, the Director of Annual & Leadership Giving is responsible for the overall identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to support Valley Forge Military Academy and College’s major giving initiatives; the Society of the Golden Sword and Forge Fund. The primary responsibilities include the management of a donor portfolio that include prospect from alumni, parents and friends of the organization. Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and document process and outcomes. The Director of Annual & Leadership Giving is also responsible for designing and implementing an enhanced program for the cultivation of corporate relations for EITC/OSTC giving. As a member of the Advancement Team, the Director of Annual & Leadership Giving will collaborate with the Directors of Alumni and Parent Relations to provide strategic social media communications and support Alumni and Parent Relations fundraising initiatives to achieve fundraising goals for the organization.
- Conduct research to identify prospects and create strategies to match prospects interests to the priorities of the Valley Forge Military Academy and College.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward current donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations, through diversified methods including individualized visits, verbal and written personalized correspondence, participation in cultivation events to educate donors about the needs and priorities of organization.
- Utilize prospect database and other institutional resources to appropriately manage donors, prospects, alumni, and volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement to build and manage a prospect donor portfolio to leverage support to the Society of the Golden Sword.
- Solicit gifts in the range of $1,000 – $25,000 for The Forge Fund.
- In collaboration with the Director of Alumni Relations, assist strategically to support the Alumni Association Board of Directors (AABOD) and their programs to build alumni engagement around philanthropy and leverage support through regional regimen fundraising initiatives.
- Travel, as needed, for the cultivation and solicitation of prospects and to represent the school at regional promotional events to capitalize on networking and fundraising opportunities.
Corporate EITC/OSTC Giving
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Director of Institutional Advancement to identify and cultivate business constituents for EITC/OSTC giving.
- Implement a marketing and solicitation plan with support from the Business Office and Board of Trustees to secure EITC and OSTC gifts from a diversified portfolio of business partners, alumni business relationships and friends of the organization.
- Stewardship of business relationships to ensure annual contributions.
Social Media Campaigns
- Work cooperatively with the Advancement Team and Director of Marketing & Communications to strategically implement and execute a robust social media communication plan that includes diversified information including fundraising campaigns tailored to parents, alumni and friends of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years fundraising experience is required with proven track record of building donor relationships that result in multiple gifts of $10,000 or more.
- Experience within a non-profit educational institution preferred.
- A collaborative work ethic with a track record for successfully managing donors, volunteers and committees.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office suite, internet prospect research, donor database software, social media and website management. Experience with eTapestry a plus.
- Should be organized, detail-oriented, creative and a self-starter with the ability to be flexible and open to change. Should also be an exceptional written and verbal communicator with the ability to manage sensitive information.
- A high standard of professional conduct and ethical behavior that will enhance the mission of the organization.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary and ability to travel as required.