You Son Has a
Big Future. VFMA is the first step.
Valley Forge Military Academy has a long tradition of developing boys into young men of character, discipline and integrity.
Watch this brief overview video to learn how your son can make his academic future a reality while learning skills he’ll use the rest his live.
Thank you for your interest in
Valley Forge Military Academy!
Thank you for your interest in Valley Forge Military Academy. We are an independent, college preparatory school for boys in grades 7-12, offering day and boarding options. Our rigorous curriculum and structure will help your son develop to his full potential. Please contact us if you have any questions about the school or our admissions process.
The Application Process
Step 1: Apply
If you have any questions during the application process, or would prefer a mailed copy of the application, please contact the Admissions Office at (610) 989-1200.
An application file is complete when we receive:
- A completed online application. Apply here.
- Teacher Evaluations. Download form.
- Transcript, including conduct and attendance records from the prior two years and previous term report card. Fill out the form and give it to your’s current school. Download Records Release form.
- Standardized test scores. Applicants can submit SSAT (Secondary School Admissions Test) or ISEE (Independent Schools Entrance Exam) results.
Please note: an acceptance decision cannot be rendered until we have this information.
Step 2: Visit Campus
The best way to know if the Academy is a fit for your son is to come and see for yourself! We invite you to visit Valley Forge during one of our upcoming Open Houses or by scheduling a campus visit.
Schedule a Campus Visit
Visits are held on an appointment basis, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Because cadet life is best experienced when classes are in session, we encourage families to visit during a weekday. When necessary, a visit may be scheduled on Saturday by appointment. Schedule your visit today by calling our Admissions Office at (610) 989-1200.
Step 3: Take the Academic Placement and Scholarship Test
Valley Forge Military Academy is pleased to offer the High School Placement Test (HSPT) for new students applying for 8th, 9th or 10th grade in the fall of 2019. The test is held on campus. Test dates and registration information is below.
The HSPT is one of the two most commonly administered high school entrance exams. It has five sections: Verbal, Quantitative, Reading, Mathematics, and Language Skills. The test contains 298 questions. Students are given 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the exam. That’s an average of 30 seconds per question! In general, about half of the test time will be spent on math questions (Mathematics and Quantitative sections) and half will be spent on non-math questions (Verbal, Reading, and Language Skills).
Questions are all multiple-choice. Each question is worth one point, with no penalty for incorrect answers. Students’ raw scores are converted to a scoring scale, which ranges from 200 to 800. These scores are then used by the academy for academic placement and assigning scholarships.
Upcoming Test Dates:
- Saturday, May 18, 1:00-4:00pm (Open House)
- Friday, June 14, 1:00-4:00pm
- Saturday, June 15, 11:00am- 2:00pm (Open House)
- Saturday, July 13, 8:00-11:00am
- Saturday, August 17, 8:00-11:00am
Click here to register online.
Access Code: ZW
Please register at least 48 hours in advance of the test date.
The Day of the Test:
- The test will be held in Shannon Hall.
- Students should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time as the exam begins promptly on the hour.
- Students should bring #2 pencils, water and a snack.
- Calculators are not permitted.
Step 4: Admissions Decision
Once your application file is complete, written notification of the decision will be mailed to you. Upon notification for acceptance, a $500 deposit is required, which will be credited toward tuition.