More Than a College Prep Military Boarding School, VFMA is A Leadership Institute
As a top-tier leadership institute founded in 1928, education at Valley Forge Military Academy is comprehensive– encompassing a challenging curriculum, leadership opportunities, character development, athletic competition, physical fitness, extracurricular activities and social interaction with a diverse group of peers.
VFMAC is open and is offering both boarding and day options for the fall of 2021. Learn more about our Covid-19 Precautions.
I’d like to make an Inquiry
You know your son’s potential and want to give him advanced leadership training & opportunities. At Valley Forge Military Academy, we foster leadership in middle school & high school boys (grades 7-12), preparing them to be future leaders.
Recognized as a college prep boarding school that produces men equipped to lead in whatever career they choose, our educational program includes:
- Leadership Development: Leadership is built into the structure of daily life at VFMA. The student body, called the Corps of Cadets, is a cadet-led system which follows a military structure, teaching students the delegation of authority and providing cadets with opportunities to lead their fellows.
- College Prep: Valley Forge Military Academy is proud of our academic standards and program. We are a college preparatory boarding school, and we prepare all our students for succeeding in college and life as leaders, including Advanced Placement (AP) and Honors coursework. 96% of our graduates go to college or trade school after graduation.
- Dual-Enrollment for College Credit: the dual enrollment program introduces high school cadets to the rigors of college coursework early and allows them to graduate with both a diploma and a college transcript. This program is offered to qualified cadets at no additional charge.
- Small Class Sizes: Your son will not be lost in a sea of students. The student-teacher ratio is 1:14. We have small class sizes so that your child will receive individual assistance and build a bond with his teachers and coaches who model the leadership your son is learning. Faculty supervise and assist students during evening study periods as well.
- Character Development: At Valley Forge Military Academy, education moves beyond academics to developing the cadet as a whole person. Valley Forge Military Academy successfully and enthusiastically utilizes the military model, which stresses structure, teamwork, character, integrity, leadership, and discipline.
- Diverse Extracurricular Opportunities: Extracurriculars are another avenue for practicing leadership where your son can grow his weaknesses and excel in his strengths!
- Athletics: Our students achieve fitness levels exceeding the national norms. VFMA is a member of the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA). Many of our students have gone on to competitive football in college, university, and in the NFL.
- Music: We offer a variety of top-tiered musical programs that regularly perform at parades; for Presidents, Supreme Court Justices, and Governors.
- Mechanics: Is your son excited about motorized vehicles? We have a unique program he will love! E Battery is unlike anything found at any other prep school in the world.
- Accreditations: National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Association of Military Colleges and Schools of the United States (AMCSUS), Valley Forge Military Academy is in District 1 of the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association, Inc. (PIAA), the governing body of high school athletics in Pennsylvania.