Help Shape Tomorrow’s Leaders Today
We invite you to join the Valley Forge Military Academy & College community by applying for one of the open employment opportunities for the Academy, the College, and Summer Camp listed on this page.
The Valley Forge Military Academy & College’s curriculum emphasizes college preparation. The Academy offers advanced placement, honor and enrichment courses, as well as opportunities for independent study. The College confers associate degrees in liberal arts and sciences with concentrations in business, criminal justice, liberal arts, science and pre-engineering. Both the Academy and College incorporate a unique leadership and ethics training program.
Interested individuals should submit resumes with cover letter and salary requirement to:
Human Resources Department
Valley Forge Military Academy & College
1001 Eagle Road
Wayne, PA 19087
FAX: (610) 989-1486
OR e-mail a resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VFMAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Academy Head Wrestling Coach
Nature of Job:
- Seasonal position early November to Late February
- Coaching & Teaching = 90% of Time
- Academic & Admissions: = 10% of Time
General Job Description:
The Head Wrestling Coach is responsible for planning and directing the conditioning, training, and performance of student athletes, along with the reinforcement of the core values of Valley Forge Military Academy.
Nature of Work:
This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics. This is a professional head coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the Federal/State Department of Education and the PIAA Organization. Employees in this job class may be subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract which is typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
This position directs a staff of Assistant Coaches who have specific responsibility for training, coaching, mentoring, and directing the activities of assigned student athletes. This work may include coaching in outside areas, hot and cold weather, and exposure to elements such as rain, snow, dirt, fumes, and loud noises. The duties require moderate to active physical activity, handling of weights and objects weighing 25 to 50 pounds, and standing or walking more than four hours per day.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for positions in this job class. Individual positions may not include all of the examples listed, nor does the list include all work that may be assigned to positions in this job class.
- Direct Assistant Coaches and Graduate Students in the overall planning and execution of the PIAA football program.
- Work with the Admissions Department and Athletics Office to follow up on all leads or inquiries coming from potential student athletes, parents, alumni, admissions or athletic office personnel. Prospective students should reflect the highest qualities of academics and character necessary to fit into the regimental system and responsibilities.
- Monitor academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with Department of Education and PIAA Organization guidelines.
- Coach team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques.
- Develop and implement game strategy and position assignments.
- Oversee the strength and conditioning programs for student athletes.
- Manage all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities for the specific sports program.
- Promote the athletic program and specific sport through community events, alumni/public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- Ensure adherence to all Department of Education PIAA, and league rules by athletes and supporting staff.
Education: A bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree preferred
Experience: Prior head coaching experience at the high school and or college level, HS and or College playing experience a plus, knowledge of PIAA Organization rules and guidelines.
Other/Special: Must have good communication and supervisory skills, the ability to make decisions under pressure, maturity, and a commitment to the school value system. Ability to engage Alumni and parents into fund raising is essential.
Valley Forge Military Academy & College, an NJCAA and PIAA institution, is accepting applications for an Athletic Trainer. This is a 10-month, full-time position with medical benefits available. Responsibilities include providing athletic training services to 10 high school sports teams and 12 collegiate sports teams; administrative duties; and other duties assigned.
Applicants must be NATABOC certified and be in good professional standing. They must also be PA State licensed or eligible. A Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience is required.
Additional qualifications include critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment and take appropriate action. Must possess good oral and written communication skills, the ability to work effectively with coaches, student-athletes, and other members of the school community; and adhering to the standards of professional and ethical behavior of the NJCAA and PIAA.
Academy History Teacher
Valley Forge Military Academy is seeking an Academy History Teacher.
Instruct students using various pedagogical methods. Prepare course objectives and outlines of study following curriculum guidelines and the requirements of the academy. Assign lessons and assesses student progress, records results, and issues regular reports to administration. In support of the college preparatory academic program, to provide instruction and other academic activities that will enable the students to succeed in the next grade or higher level of education. As part of the boarding school model of education, to coach, advice, counsel, support or otherwise help, encourage and motivate cadets to achieve success both inside and outside of the classroom. In support of the character development program, is to serve as a motivating role model and to provide instruction to assist the cadets in their development of strong moral and ethical values. As part of the militarily structured system, promote the establishment and maintenance of high standards of cadet decorum and discipline.
- Instruct assigned class schedule.
- Study Hall Supervision as scheduled.
- Contribute to the efficient management and administration of the Academy as required.
- Inform the students about the academic rules, regulations, policies and standards.
- Participate and attend in Faculty Meetings, Department Meetings and In-Service Days.
- Attendance is mandatory for Academy & College Professional Development Day.
- Attend Opening Day Ceremony, Graduation Day Ceremony, Concerts, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and other events as required.
- Support the development of Cadets outside of the classroom in accordance with your personal plan of involvement as approved by the Headmaster of the Academy.
- Communicate effectively with Cadets in and out of the classroom. Control classroom behavior.
- Maintain academic records, grades and lesson plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors Degree and/or Master Degree with PA Teaching Certificate required. Certification in area subject desired.
Experience: Ideally, the candidate would have a minimum of three years teaching High School, professional experience or in their respective field.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team in a positive, constructive manner.
- The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and Outlook programs.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, self-starter, ability to write and communicate effectively, and work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Senior Director of Admissions/Recruiting
POSITION TITLE: Senior Director of Admissions/Recruiting
Department: Enrollment Management
Sub-Department: Financial Aid
Direct Supervisor: Commandant/COO
Position(s) Supervised: Admissions Officers, Administrative Assistants, Office Manager Financial Aid Officers
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Director of Admissions/Recruiting is responsible for the development and accomplishment of the institution’s overall recruiting mission to include retention and oversight of those marketing functions related to recruiting for both the Academy and the College.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive Admissions/Recruiting plan in order to achieve financial and manpower mission objectives for the Academy and the College.
- Manage day-to-day recruitment and admission activity with accountability for achieving key metrics (i.e. phone activity, appointments, interviews, new working applicants and new student mission requirements for both the Academy and the College).
- Oversee the implementation of an integrated marketing plan (in conjunction with the Director of Marketing) and recruitment plan specific to the unique needs of both the Academy and the College.
- Manage the image of the institution’s overall recruiting programs and promote them using a full range of marketing and promotional techniques and strategies, including, but not limited to, web/e-mail, publications, direct mail.
- Shape the strategic direction of the office, developing long-range goals and policies and procedures for the office.
- Ensure VFMAC participation in various off-campus recruiting events, in the local region, around the U.S. and the world.
- Participate in application evaluation and admission decisions.
- Focus on the international recruitment and partnership programs that will target all international students for the Academy and College.
- Serve as an effective liaison between this office and the Academy, the College and the Athletic Department and all other offices within VFMAC, as needed.
- Travel as required including attendance at weekend and/or evening recruitment events.
- Responsible to coordinate with the Professor of Military Science to ensure admission personnel, financial aid personnel, personnel assigned by the Military Science Department (SROTC) to recruitment functions work seamlessly with VFMC admissions.
- Manage all recruiting aspects of the Legislative Appointment Initiative (IAP) and International Prepster Program (IPP).
- Work collaboratively with the CFO and other key leaders to create and implement a comprehensive student aid strategy and program that addresses the discount goal while maximizing enrollment yield and revenue.
- Manage and oversee the Federal Financial aid (Title IV) process to include compliance with state and federal guidelines and oversight.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of a proven track record in secondary and higher education admissions, marketing, communications, and/or related experiences is required.
- At least one year of supervisory experience and experience developing and successfully implementing recruitment or marketing plans strongly preferred.
- Experience in enrollment/retention with college and private school education sector strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SEVIS regulations required.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and accurately about the programs of Valley Forge Military Academy and College.
- Ability to interact in a highly professional manner with individual prospective students and their parents.
- Demonstrated experience and success in recruiting or related areas, preferably in a school or college environment.
- Flexible Schedule: Evenings, weekends, and overnight travel.
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to organize logistical and operational challenges.
- Demonstrated knowledge of independent school and higher education markets and environments.
- Must be capable of managing complex processes, supervising a staff of full and part-time employees, interacting positively with a diverse population, thinking creatively, and working independently.
- Working knowledge of Title IX regulations.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee will perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The administration reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Qualified applicants please send resume with salary requirement for confidential consideration to email@example.com VFMAC eoe, d/f/m/v